Reply To: 200 Block of Sylvan and 100 block of Southampton. Text alerts sent, crossposted

Public Landing Page Forums Conversations 200 Block of Sylvan and 100 block of Southampton. Text alerts sent, crossposted Reply To: 200 Block of Sylvan and 100 block of Southampton. Text alerts sent, crossposted

globalglobal
Participant

Hey fellas, I’m not saying this is the case here, but I would advise against posting peoples names without known facts behind the statements. Ohio Defamation Law is pretty specific in what can, and can’t be said, in an online forum or social media. I always error on the side of caution. Not saying this person did or didn’t do the things mentioned, but it might be something we want to be cautious of. We might want to familiarize ourselves so that we know what is okay, and not (just to prevent headaches. I have a buddy in civil law I can ask about it for clarity if you want me to.

Here is excerpt I’m referring to. If it’s a fact, no big deal.

“A false statement that: causes injury to a person’s reputation; exposes him to public hatred, contempt, ridicule, shame, or disgrace; or affects him adversely in his trade or business.”

Let me know what you think