200 Block of Sylvan and 100 block of Southampton. Text alerts sent, crossposted

Public Landing Page Forums Conversations 200 Block of Sylvan and 100 block of Southampton. Text alerts sent, crossposted

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

From a neighbor on Westgate Watch: Just caught a guy trying to break into 207 Sylvan, Police on the scene…

Caucasian early 20’s wearing red sweatpants, blue hoodie , still in the area !

Text alert was sent out on Westgatewatch.org

globalglobal
      Participant

Hate being at work. Hope they catch his ass.

globalglobal
      Participant

Picked up same individual on video cutting through my back yard at 12:52, 02/07/2019

60 S. southampton Ave

Headed West along North side of house towards Southampton Ave.

globalglobal
      Participant
      globalglobal
      Participant

Shawn is still at it. At least he has a very recognizable whistle before he starts spewing his love.

Linked is an album from 4/7 @ 4:00PM

View post on imgur.com

Also to note: His bike is now a BLACK mountain bike when calling it in, previously it was blue.

Keymaster

Keymaster

Keymaster

globalglobal
      Participant

Hey fellas, I’m not saying this is the case here, but I would advise against posting peoples names without known facts behind the statements. Ohio Defamation Law is pretty specific in what can, and can’t be said, in an online forum or social media. I always error on the side of caution. Not saying this person did or didn’t do the things mentioned, but it might be something we want to be cautious of. We might want to familiarize ourselves so that we know what is okay, and not (just to prevent headaches. I have a buddy in civil law I can ask about it for clarity if you want me to.

Here is excerpt I’m referring to. If it’s a fact, no big deal.

“A false statement that: causes injury to a person’s reputation; exposes him to public hatred, contempt, ridicule, shame, or disgrace; or affects him adversely in his trade or business.”

Let me know what you think

Keymaster

Hey fellas, I’m not saying this is the case here, but I would advise against posting peoples names without known facts behind the statements. Ohio Defamation Law is pretty specific in what can, and can’t be said, in an online forum or social media. I always error on the side of caution. Not saying this person did or didn’t do the things mentioned, but it might be something we want to be cautious of. We might want to familiarize ourselves so that we know what is okay, and not (just to prevent headaches. I have a buddy in civil law I can ask about it for clarity if you want me to. Here is excerpt I’m referring to. If it’s a fact, no big deal. “A false statement that: causes injury to a person’s reputation; exposes him to public hatred, contempt, ridicule, shame, or disgrace; or affects him adversely in his trade or business.” Let me know what you think

@Kirk good catch.  I guess I assumed since we’d not have such a public audience on here that it might not matter but I’m probably wrong.

globalglobal
      Participant

Well, I could be completely wrong, and it’s all just fine. I’m certainly no lawyer. I can say that I have seen cases like this being upheld in court, and as part of what I do in InfoSec/Risk analysis space, we typically advise against anything that could be interpreted as “targeting an individual.” I doubt very much we have anything to stress about. I just like protecting my neighbors from any potential risk. 🙂

Keymaster

There’s a guy on Sylvan Avenue walking north from the park looking in car windows and trying doors.

Later response He’s headed north on Algonquin, called him in

Keymaster

Cross sharing & text alerting this repeat suspect.   See images of suspect & vehicle below.

9/10: guy in a neon jacket pretending to be a utility worker who was confronted, then claimed his cell phone battery was dead and needed to make a call.  Police responded and cut him loose, then he took an hour of slowly wandering back and forth along Demorest before getting into a waiting truck at KFC.

9/20: Spotted him again panhandling at Georgesville Kroger.

10/30: Spotted again at Demorest and Wicklow again. Looking through cars with a flashlight. Called it in. Followed him briefly, as he cut through yards and kept backtracking.

10/31: Saw him walking through a parking lot at Soldano. He called someone from Dollar Tree and the same Saturn took off immediately. I hadn’t even seen the Saturn yet, but did once it peeled out. Same plates confirmed.

10/31: Wandering around the shelterhouse. Backtracking repeatedly, ducking down allies, cutting through yards, checking cars. Called it in, asked to speak to the responding officer. CPD rolled by once, never stopped to talk or called for follow-up.

11/5:  Bumming cigarettes on Sullivant, threatened to mace person photographing him.

Last 4 digits of red Saturn SUV with dent on the hatchback is 3197.  He has been seen in this vehicle twice.

As always, please just call the police and do not confront or take matters into your own hands!  This is just to notify in case you see him.

Keymaster

3:15pm update, he’s now in the park trying to sell a flat screen tv.  Pic attached.

Keymaster

Update!

Our forum police officer made contact with this person today and told him to scram.

Also, our officer says when you see him and call him in, make sure that the dispatcher notates that you’re calling in a complaint on “ Shawn” and the officers on the street will get the message & deal with him directly here or at home.

Keymaster

Confirmed that this is the same person.  Police are working on helping him to a Rehab & stable home.  Hopefully he accepts the assist.   Please use the name Shawn when you see him trying to access cars or steal – and please do not confront directly.

Keymaster

Update!  He is indeed a dirtbag!  Cross posted below from one of the forums:

Just a heads up..the man you guys are referring to as the westgate whistler has been arrested and jailed. He approached my friends car while myself and her were sitting in my driveway talking..he hit her window with a knife..thankfully her window was rolled up when he realized this he turned and slashed her back tire..we were forced to drive through my yard to escape him. We went to the marathon on sullivant contacted police and he has since been arrested. We go to court on the 19th.
      He has stalked me for months now..spray painting streets and sidewalks in front of my home and work place..threatening my familys well being…as well as my own…in many many ways. I will be prosecuting to fullest!!

Keymaster

😱😱😱😱

globalglobal
      Participant
      1. I believe it looked like the man who got into an argument when he had his picture taken on Broad St. Tan carhart jacket, black knit hat, and jeans. I called it into the non-emergency. He has been pacing the last hour, back and forth. JR I believe knows who he is, called in on him before when he was on a bike at the corner of the park.
      globalglobal
      Participant

Seen him on Letchworth headed north about 15min ago

Keymaster

This him?

globalglobal
      Participant

Yep, that’s him. Are you able to call, Todd? My one call obviously didnt do anything. :/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.